Are you an older woman who is thinking about going out with a younger man? While this thought was seen as taboo back in the day, things have changed significantly since then. Now, a lot of women the world over have freely expanded their dating options and opened their minds to try out cougar dating. Before you jump onto the bandwagon, though, here are 5 things that you should know before investing in this particular lifestyle:
1. An open mind is important. There are still several women out there who have a reserved mindset about sex and relationships. If you are now more in touch with your primal side because of your age and are already thinking about dating a younger man, though, then you should have no trouble opening up your mind completely. Once you are confident and completely open-minded, you should have an easier time attracting younger men in the long run.
2. Their generation is different. Younger men in today’s day and age see things differently compared to Generation X-ers and baby boomers. This means that many of them love independent and financially stable women, and are more sincere when it comes to courting women, in general.
3. You can learn from younger men. Due to their aforementioned viewpoints on things, younger men can open up your world to a ton of different possibilities. Although it would be nice to share similarities with a man, it is always your differences from one another that will make your relationship more exciting in the long run – remember that.
4. They don’t like being treated like toys. Although cougars usually conjure up images of domination and power, you should never treat younger men like toys. They might actually deal with things in more effective ways and might make you feel more free if you let them, so don’t mold them into something different; otherwise, neither of you will be happy in your cougar relationship.
5. They are sexually active. Although you might not notice this in the beginning, younger men are very sexually active. In fact, they might be more active in that department than you, so you could learn several new tricks from them that could leave you satisfied every time you share some quality time together. During these intimate moments, it would be vital to let them express themselves, though; especially if you want to maintain a healthy relationship in the years to come.